Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday No. 17: Amid Stars and Darkness, by Chani Lynn Feener




Welcome to "Can't Wait Wednesday"!
   
This is a weekly event hosted by
Tressa @ Wishful Endings, and inspired by "Waiting On Wednesday", which used to be hosted by
 Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

For more information, please click HERE.

As in the previous meme, this one showcases future releases  we book  bloggers 
are eagerly anticipating!!
There's also a Linky widget, so participating blogs can link up!



Here's my choice for this week!



 Amid Stars and Darkness
(The Xenith Trilogy, Book 1)
Chani Lynn Feener
Hardcover,  368 pages
Swoon Reads
July 18, 2017 
Romance, Science Fiction
Young Adult Fiction
  
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30063453-amid-stars-and-darkness?ac=1&from_search=true









Delaney’s entire world is thrown into chaos after she is mistaken for Lissa Olena, an alien princess hiding out on Earth in order to escape an arranged marriage.

Kidnapped by the princess’s head bodyguard, Ruckus, and imprisoned in an alien palace, Delaney is forced to impersonate the princess until Olena can be found. If she fails, it will lead to an alien war and the eventual enslavement of the entire human race.

No pressure or anything.

Factor in Trystan, the princess’s terrifying betrothed who is intent on unraveling all her secrets, and her own growing feelings for Ruckus, and Delaney is in way over her head.

Get lost Amid Stars and Darkness, in this YA sci-fi romance from debut author Chani Lynn Feener.




Why I can't wait for this one!

What first grabbed me was the AWESOME cover!! It TOTALLY ROCKS!! Then I read the plot and that clinched it -- I KNEW I had to get this book!! This looks like the start to a truly riveting new series!!






Chani's first traditionally published book will be with Swoon Reads, and comes out summer 2017!

She majored in Creative Writing at Johnson State College in Vermont. To pay her bills, she has worked many odd jobs, including, but not limited to, telemarketing, order picking in a warehouse, and filling ink cartridges. When she isn’t writing, she’s binging on TV shows, drawing, or frequenting zoos/aquariums. Chani is also the author of the teen paranormal series, The Underworld Saga, originally written under the pen name Tempest C. Avery. She currently resides in Connecticut, but lives on Goodreads.com.

  
Website/Goodreads 






What do you think of my choice?
Leave your link below, so I can
come check out your pick(s)!












18 comments:

  1. This is a totally new book to me but the description of it is amazing. I definitely want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Stephanie!

      It does sound GREAT, doesn't it? Glad you like it, too!!

      Thanks for commenting!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. No pressure indeed! LOL! I love that blurb and you pick the ones with the best covers -- as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Verushka!

      Hahaha!! Yeah, that DOES sound VERY ironic! Lol. Glad you picked up on that! And yeah, that cover is pretty AMAZING!

      Thanks for the compliment on the cover!! Hope you're having a GREAT Saturday!! <3 <3 :) :)

      Delete
  3. That certainly is a great cover. The synopsis sounds good as well. I really hope you love this one and the pups say hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      YEAH!!!! LOVE IT!! And the synopsis is DEFINITELY exciting!! I KNOW I'll really enjoy this book!!

      Say "Hi" back to the pups for me!! WOOF, WOOF!!

      Thanks for the nice comment!! <3 <3 :) :)

      Delete
  4. Definitely a beautiful cover! I hope you can get your hands on it soon!
    Check out my CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lisa!

      Oh, I'm very happy you love this cover, too!! Yeah, I can't wait to get my hands on this book!!

      Thanks for he nice comment!! <3 :)

      Delete
  5. I like the synopsis for this one, although the cover feels Peter Pan-like, so I'm not sure what they were going for there. Great pick either way! :)

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tressa!

      Yeah, that synopsis is DEFINITELY exiciting!! As for the cover, I hadn't noticed it before, but it DOES have a Peter Pan vibe to it. I like that, though, as Peter Pan is one of my favorite classic fairy tales!

      Glad you like my pick! Thanks for the interesting comment!! <3 :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my word this looks AMAZING! The cover is beautiful, and I absolutely LOVE the premise!! Sounds just like something I'd adore!! Thank you so much for sharing, Maria, I hope you get to read it soon and LOVE it! HUGS!! <3 <3 :) :)
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Amy!

      Yeah, it SURE does, doesn't it? I TOTALLY flipped out when I first laid eyes on that cover!! And yes, the premise is AMAZING!! I'm glad you love it, too!!

      You're very welcome for the sharing! I KNOW I'll love it when I finally get to read it!!

      Thanks for the GREAT comment!! HUGS BACK!! <3 <3 :) :)

      Delete
  7. Amazing cover. And it does look like a good one. I love all the kick butt YA sci fi we're getting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Greg!

      Yes, isn't it? And the plot DEFINITELY looks goo!!

      I'm SO HAPPY you love "all the kick-butt YA we're getting", too!!!! YAAAAAAAAASSS!!!

      Thanks for the nice comment!! <3 <3 :) :)

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to start this book! I love YA sci-fi, and this book sounds awesome. Plus, the cover is gorgeous. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a lovely week, Maria. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Alyssa!

      YAAAAAAAY!! I'm SO glad you like this book, too!! Young Adult SF is one of my FAVORITE genres!!! And yes, that cover is GORGEOUS!!

      I KNOW I'm going to enjoy this book when I get my greedy little bookworm hands on it!!! Lol.

      Well, the week is over....as this reply is late. So I'm having a pretty good Saturday, so far. Hope you're having a GREAT one!!

      Thanks for the nice comment!! <3 <3 :) :)

      Delete
  9. We both oohed and ahhed when we saw this cover -- that is STUNNING, and now we'll be waiting on it with you! The summary is very intriguing. We're definitely adding this to the wishlist! Thank you so much for sharing, Maria!! You choose such wonderful books and give us so much great information on them. *LOVE AND SMOOSHY HUGS* <3

    ~Michele & Mckenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Michele & Mckenzie!!!

      Yeah, this cover is DEFINITELY STUNNING!! SO happy both of you love it, too!! And you'll be waiting with me? YAAAAAAAAY!!!! Yeah, that summary is very intriguing, indeed!! Well, it won't be much longer now!

      You're very welcome for the sharing!! <3 >3

      Thank you so much for all the LOVELY things you've said here!! It's SO WONDERFUL to be appreciated like this!! Both of you are SUPER SWEET!!!! LOVE AND SMOOSHY HUGS BACK!!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)