Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday No, 181: Flicker and Mist, by Mary G. Thompson




Welcome to "Waiting On Wednesday"!!
  
This is a weekly event that 
used to be hosted by
Jill @ Breaking the Spine, until 
very recently.
I have continued to publish these
posts on my own, as I reall
like this meme, which
showcases future releases which we book  bloggers are eagerly anticipating!!



Here's my choice for this week!



 Flicker and Mist  
Hardcover, 384 pages 
Clarion Books
January 3, 2017
Dystopian Fiction, Fantasy, Romance
Young Adult Fiction 
   






Romance, intrigue, and plenty of action are woven into a rich and suspenseful narrative in this powerful YA fantasy. The mixed-race heroine Myra is a Flickerkin and can flicker (become invisible) at will. She hasn’t cultivated or revealed this ability, since Flickerkin are persecuted as potential criminals and spies. When invisible people become tricksters and then murderers, Myra’s Flickerkin heritage becomes a deadly secret, putting her relationship with the leader’s son—and her own life—in jeopardy. Loyalties shift and difficult choices are made before Myra understands who she wants to be.  



Why I'm waiting on this one!

I really like the sound of this one! It's totally unique! It looks like we have another kick-but heroine here, and an intriguing new world to explore! I also like the fact that there's some diversity in this novel! In short, I NEED to get a hold of this book, and get immersed in this dynamic story!!! 


 
What do you think of my choice?
Leave your link below, so I can
come check out your pick(s)!









4 comments:

  1. This sounds really good and that cover is intriguing. It seems like a great book and I really hope you enjoy it. Booker T and Cassius picked out my choices today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      Yes, it does! And I like this cover, too! I know I'll enjoy it when I get to it!

      How cute that "the kids" picked out your choices today!! ADORABLE!!

      Thanks for commenting!! :)

      Delete
  2. This is new to me, but it sounds really good. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sandra!

      It sure DOES sound good! It caught my eye on Amazon the other day, so I just had to feature it! And I know I'll enjoy reading it!

      Thanks for commenting!! :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)