Saturday, October 11, 2014

Shelf Candy Saturday #132: Wicked, by Jennifer L. Armentrout

 


Welcome to Shelf Candy Saturday!!


This is my weekly feature
showcasing beautiful book covers!
It also provides information,
if available, on their very talented creators!

For more information
about Shelf Candy Saturday,
just click HERE.



Here's my choice for this week!



 Wicked
(A Wicked Saga, #1)
Trade Paperback, 300 pages
December 8, 2014
Fantasy, Paranormal Romance,
New Adult Fiction


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23356038-wicked



Paperback Edition



Ebook Edition







Why do I love this cover?

I know I've said this before, about other covers, but this particular cover is one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen! It's not just because of the exquisite shade of aqua, either. It's the color of the young woman's dress, too. I'm not usually very enthusiastic about the color red, but the shade used here is just totally luscious! Also, it complements the aqua background SO beautifully!

This is definitely underwater photography at its best! The two models are well posed, and the shafts of sunlight from the surface lend an atmosphere of surreal beauty to the scene. The flowing folds of the dress  are so, so gorgeous, too.

I love the young man's tender way of holding the young woman, as well as the half-smile on his face. I'm a bit disappointed, however, by the expression on the young woman's face. She looks angry. Could this be because she's not really the ideal woman the young man thinks she is, but he can't see that? And I wonder why she's angry.....I would be smiling blissfully, were I in her situation!

As for the font, it's just lovely, and very appropriate to this cover, as it seems to flow right along with the water. I'm glad it was also used for the author's name.

I was very happy to find information about the creator of this cover right on Jennifer Armentrout's website! I commend her for posting about this, too, as not every author gives credit to their cover artists, which is not right at all.

On her website, Armentrout gives all the details regarding the making of this cover, even going as far as putting up pictures of the models, and giving their names. Kudos to her for doing this!!

The author had originally thought of using stock images, but then decided to hire a photographer for an underwater shoot. That talented person is Kelsey Kukal-Keeton, who is also a Christian music artist, and is in the process of getting her Art Education Degree at MSSU.  You will find links for her, as well as for Armentrout's post, below.





Online Links





What do you think of my choice
this week?
Leave me a comment and 
let me know! 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)