Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #98: City of Heavenly Fire, by Cassandra Clare




This is a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!!




Here's my choice for this week!



City of Heavenly Fire
(The Mortal Instruments #6)
Hardcover, 752 pages
Margaret K. McElderry Books
May 27, 2014
Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, 
Young Adult Fiction


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8755785-city-of-heavenly-fire?ac=1




Book Synopsis
 
Shadowhunters and demons square off for the final showdown in the spellbinding, seductive conclusion to the #1 New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

Darkness has descended on the Shadowhunter world. Chaos and destruction overwhelm the Nephilim as Clary, Jace, Simon, and their friends band together to fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary’s own brother. Nothing in this world can defeat Sebastian—but if they journey to the realm of demons, they just might have a chance…

Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world will change. Who will survive the explosive sixth and final installment of the Mortal Instruments series?




Why am I waiting on this book?

Believe it or not, I do own the first 
FOUR volumes of this
incredibly awesome series,
and have yet to read them......
Woe is me!!!!
I have so, so, many GREAT books
I have not yet had the 
pleasure to dive into, it's not even funny!
But this, THIS series!!
I should have read at least the first
two books by now....
Needless to say, I'm waiting on this one
because I want to possess ALL SIX of 
these terrific volumes, because I want
to make it a point to escape 
into this exciting world
that so many YA addicts (like me!) 
are so crazy about!!
So....onto my Goodreads TBR shelves
and Amazon urban fantasy 
list this book goes!!!!!






Previous Volumes in the Series
(Click on the covers for each GR page.)


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/256683.City_of_Bones

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1582996.City_of_Ashes

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3777732-city-of-glass

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6752378-city-of-fallen-angels

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8755776-city-of-lost-souls





What do you think of my choice?
What incredibly AWESOME
book(s) are you
waiting on this week?






24 comments:

  1. I really need to catch up on this series! this book sounds great.

    Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sharon!

      Yeah, me, too! And then I need to see the movie. Glad you like my pick! I'm gonna go check out yours!

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  2. I think I've read up to Book 2 or 3 in this series. I liked it well enough. Didn't realize I was this far behind. Hope you like it and can hold out on reading the rest. I don't have that much self control :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Page!

      Well, at least you've read the first two books. I haven't even done that..... But I know I'm going to really enjoy these books, because I love the genres they're classified in!

      I love those covers, too!!

      Thanks for commenting back!! : )

      Delete
  3. I'm so ashamed - I still have book 1 in my TBR pile O_O I *need* to get caught up. Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Kimberly!

      You know, you shouldn't be ashamed at all.....I STILL haven't read the first book, and I own the first FOUR. Lol.

      You're very welcome for the sharing! I'll go take a look at your WOW. Good luck with starting the series, and thanks for commenting!! : )

      Delete
  4. I have read everything up to City Of Lost Souls because I kinda lost interest for awhile and now I'm waiting to read it until like the day before City Of Heavenly Fire comes out! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there!

      Well, I guess it's no fun having to wait until the next book comes out, which is why you probably lost interest. So maybe it's better to wait until the entire series is released to start on the first book. That way, there's no waiting. That's actually what's happening, in my case! Lol.

      Thanks for dropping by and commening!! : )

      Delete
  5. I am not a fan of this series, but i hope you enjoy it!

    Check out our WOW.

    Also check out our OUAT 4 year Giveaway.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Leydy!

      Yeah, I guess not every so-called "popular" series is liked by everyone. For instance, I don't like The Hunger Games AT ALL. Just from reading the synopsis, I knew I wouldn't enjoy reading that series.

      I'll be sure to check out your WOW, as well as your giveaway!!

      Thanks for visiting and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  6. I still haven't read this series! I know, I know, that's horrible of me but I really really want to read it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Asma!

      Don't feel bad -- I haven't read it, either! And I do own the first FOUR books, so there's no excuse for me! Lol. So maybe both of us will get to it this year, right? Lol.

      Thanks for commenting back!! : )

      Delete
  7. I'll be able to finally read the last 3 together now (I stopped after #3) because ugh I hate cliffhangers, haha. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kirsty!

      Yeah, I hate cliffhangers, too! So maybe it's better that I haven't read any of the books yet. When I start I'll be able to go from one right to the other, with no problem!

      I'll be sure to take a look at your own WOW. Thanks for visiting, and commenting on my post!! : )

      Delete
  8. I've read the first one, and it was an okay read for me. Does the series get any better? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sofia!

      I haven't read any of them yet, so I wouldn't be able to tell you if the series gets any better as it goes along. But you know, not everyone likes every series that's supposed to be universally popular. I myself don't like The Hunger Games, for instance. I'm not interested in that series AT ALL, in fact. Why? I just don't like the plot.

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  9. What an amazing cover! Love it! The story line sounds pretty great as well and something that I would be up for reading.

    my WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-wednesday-otherwise-engaged/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Olena!

      Oh, I LOVE ALL the covers in this series! They are absolutely GORGEOUS. (Especially the first one, lol!) And yes, the storyline is supposed to be terrific, from what I've heard. Now I'll have to get going on the first book, and just go from one to the other, which is GREAT -- no waiting for the next one to be released!

      I'll go check out your WOW. Thanks for visiting and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  10. Ahahah This is ONE of my favorites in the YA genre. Love , love, love it. Its a must read for sure. I'm sad that its coming to an end. But they all have to end at some point right?
    Here's my WOW if you want to check it out...Fairytales, Treasures and Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Hellena!

      I've been wanting to read these books for such a long time now.....I can't believe I haven't!!

      It's indeed unfortunate that all good things must come to an end.....but I do hope they make more movies from this series!

      I'll go check out your WOW. Thanks for the visit and the comment!! : )

      Delete
  11. Nice pick! I'll admit, I'm a bit scared to read this. I hope it all ends well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Andrea!

      Well, it does sound a bit scary, since there are demons involved. But I'm sure the Shadowhunters will win in the end!

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Hi, Ellen!

      Glad you like my pick! Thanks for dropping by and commenitng!! : )

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)