Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #90: Dangerous Creatures, by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl




This is a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!!




Here's my choice for this week!



Dangerous Creatures
Hardcover, 384 pages
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
May 20, 2014
Paranormal Romance, Suspense,
Urban Fantasy, Young Adult Fiction


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18513554-dangerous-creatures


http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dangerous-creatures-kami-garcia/1116874890?ean=9780316370318http://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Creatures-Kami-Garcia/dp/0316370312/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1390949116&sr=1-1&keywords=dangerous+creatures      
http://www.bookdepository.com/Dangerous-Creatures-Kami-Garcia/9780316370318?selectCurrency=GBP


Book Synopsis

From the world of Beautiful Creatures -- a dangerous new tale of love and magic.

Ridley Duchannes is nobody's heroine. She's a Dark Caster, a Siren. She can make you do things. Anything. You can't trust her, or yourself when she's around. And she'll be the first to tell you to stay away -- especially if you're going to do something as stupid as fall in love with her.

Lucky for Ridley, her wannabe rocker boyfriend, Wesley "Link" Lincoln, never listens to anyone. Link doesn't care if Rid's no good for him, and he takes her along when he leaves small-town Gatlin to follow his rock-star dream. He teams up with a ragtag group of Dark Casters, and when the band scores a gig at a hot Underground club, it looks like all of Link's dreams are about to come true.

But New York City is a dangerous place for both Casters and Mortals, and soon Ridley realizes that Link's bandmates are keeping secrets. With bad-boy club owner Lennox Gates on her heels, Rid is determined to find out the truth. What she discovers is worse than she could have imagined: Link has a price on his head that no Caster or Mortal can ever pay. With their lives on the line, what's a Siren to do?

Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, the #1 New York Times bestselling coauthors of the Beautiful Creatures novels, are back to cast another magical spell. Their signature blend of mystery, suspense, and romance, with a healthy dose of wit and danger, will pull fans in and leave them begging for more.




Why am I waiting on this book?

This novel was written by a 
dynamite writing team!
Garcia & Stohl did it with their previous
series, and they'll do it again
with this one!
They have a great mix of ingredients
in their fiction, and they know
how to rock a reader's world, so I 
definitely can't wait for them
to rock mine -- I want to get in on 
this series from the very beginning!! 



What do you think of my choice
this week?
What exciting books are you
waiting on?




20 comments:

  1. I rather enjoyed the Beautiful Creatures series and am looking forward to the release of this one too, great choice

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there!

      I have yet to read the Beautiful Creatures series, although I do own the first three books.....however, I know it's a great one! The reviews are overwhelmingly positive. So I know I'll enjoy this new one, too!

      I'll go check out your WOW. Thanks for visiting and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  2. I need to read the BC books... Hope you can stop by mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Moirae!

      Would you believe I have to do the same? Lol.

      I'll go check out your WOW. Thanks for visiting and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  3. I haven't read the Beautiful Creatures series actually, but I've heard of this new project of Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia Still excited for the book though. Great pick!

    Check out my WoW picks for this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kai!

      I have to read the original series myself, but I've heard great things about it, so I'm also excited about this new one! Glad you like my pick!

      I'll go take a look at your WOW. Thanks for visiting and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  4. I kinda petered out on the series, I should pick it back up!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Missie!

      Oh, you DEFINITELY should!! Although I have yet to read it myself, I know, from all the reviews I've read, that it's GREAT!! And now Garcia & Stohl have started this spinoff! I'm SUPER excited!!!!

      I'll go check out your WOW. Thanks for visiting and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  5. This sounds interesting, I haven't tired this series but will check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kimba!

      Oh, it IS!!! Although I haven't read the original series yet (this one is a spinoff), I've heard SO many wonderful things about it!! So I'm really excited for this one!!

      Thanks for commenting back!! : )

      Delete
  6. Eeeep! I'm so excited for this one, Maria! Fabulous pick, my friend. I miss this series, and I can't wait to visit these characters again. Thank you so much for stopping by and for sharing your WoW! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Michelle!

      Yeah, I am, too!! And you've read the original series!! I have to get to those books, and then I can start this new series!!

      You're very welcome for my visit and sharing my WOW post! And thank YOU for commenting back!! : )

      Delete
  7. So, I started to read this series, and then put it down because I have an unfair prejudice about male protagonist / POV. HOwever, it is a really cool concept, and I should probably give it another go. Inspiring pick!

    MJ @ MJ Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, MJ!

      Yes, you definitely should!! I haven't read the first series -- Beautiful Creatures -- but I do have three of the books, and will try to get to them sometime this year....lol. I think there are two more in the series. Anyway, when I finish, I want to move on to this spinoff series!

      I'll be sure to visit your WOW. Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  8. I'll be starting books by the authors because they seem to be quite popular. Great pick and thank very much for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Violette!

      I do the same thing. It doesn't always work out, though, because not all authors click with all readers. In this case, even though I haven't read the Beautiful Creatures series, I HAVE skimmed the first book, so I know it's great stuff!! I have the first three books in the series, too, so I gottta get to them! And then I'm move on to this new series!!

      You're very welcome for my visit to your WOW, and thanks for commenting back!! : )

      Delete
  9. Oooh I want to read this book so bad. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jennifer!

      Yeah!! I still need to read the original series, but then I want to go on to this one next! Glad you like my choice!!

      Thanks for commenting back!! : )

      Delete
  10. Love this pick! I still need to finish the original series but I have loved what I've read.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Teresa!

      Glad you like it!! I need to start the original series myself. I do have the first three books. You know how it is.....there are SO many GREAT books to read....

      Thanks for commenting back!! : )

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)