Sunday, April 22, 2012

On My Bookshelves #25: The Paid Companion, by Amanda Quick (Jayne Ann Krentz)




My Sunday book meme
highlights books that I own,
but have somehow never gotten to,
as well as those wonderful books
I would love to re-read!!


Here's my pick for this week!





(Jayne Castle, Jayne Ann Krentz)
Hardcover, 432 pages
Putnam Adult
May 3, 2004
Genre: Historical Romance


From the Goodreads Synopsis

The Earl of St. Merryn needs a woman. His intentions are purely practical-he simply wants someone sensible and suitably lovely to pose as his betrothed for a few weeks among polite society. He has his own agenda to pursue, and a false fiancée will keep the husband-hunters at bay while he goes about his business. The simplest solution is to hire a paid companion.

Finding the right candidate proves more of a challenge than he expected. But when he encounters Miss Elenora Lodge, the fire in her golden eyes sways him to make a generous offer...



This book is sitting right on one
of my living room bookshelves, and
I simply can't believe I haven't read it yet!
But then, I have to say that
about a lot of the books that I own...
I bought this one at a
Barnes & Noble near my house,
and it was several years ago...
Well, now that I've checked out the
plot again, maybe I'll get
to it this year!

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)