Thursday, July 21, 2011

Follow My Book Blog Friday Hop #4



This weekly feature is hosted by
Rachel at Parajunkee's View and Alison at Alison Can Read,
 which you really must go and check out!!
Rachel not only has fabulous features,
but is a web designer
'par excellence'!!
Alison has a beautiful and very
interesting blog!


You can find the rules at the links above.
Join in the fun and make new blogging friends!!


This week's featured blogs are:
and


Here's this week's question:


Name 3 authors that you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with just talking about either their books or getting advice on writing from.


What an incredibly fascinating question!!  I don't know if I could narrow the list down to three authors...I have so many, many favorites!  Besides, some of these authors are no longer in the world, sad to say... I guess they, too, can be included, since the question doesn't specify whether they would be living or dead.  Therefore, I would have to include J.R.R. Tolkien on that list!!  I would also include Charlotte Bronte, Charles Dickens, Hermann Hesse, Isaac Asimov, Robert Heinlein and Thomas Hardy!  (See, I can't limit myself to just three!)

As for living authors, definitely Stephenie Meyer and J.K. Rowling!!  Then there's also Ray Bradbury.  And Harper Lee, and Amanda Ashley, and Mary Balogh, and Lisa Bergren and Charles de Lint...

As for what I would discuss with all of these awesome writers...well, their books, of course -- for starters.  That in itself could take hours, since I like to analyze plot structure, characterization, writing style, setting, and....well, everything about a great novel!!

We would then move on to writing advice.  It would just naturally follow from the above discussion.  I could go on and mention exactly what I think each of these authors could teach me about writing, but then this post would certainly be the beginnings of a book! 

Gosh, once I get going, it's hard for me to stop!  So that's what I'll do now.  Stop. 

But...this is definitely food for thought for future posts, so you nice blog readers out there stay tuned for more!!  (Because there's more where this came from!)



17 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm hopping through.
    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choices. Like your answers. Just hopping through. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I definitely agree with all your choices! Great post! I'm now following your blog!!

    Here's my post: http://tiny.cc/y1i2x

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower stopping by via Parajunkee. :-) http://bookthatthing.blogspot.com
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, New Follower:) Great picks. I had a hard time thinking of what author's with the question this week. Happy Friday.
    ~Rebecca
    http://www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! There are some great authors there. I'm a new follower. My answers are up at Coffee Table Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Holljo! Thanks for stopping by!! You have a great weekend, too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Grace! Thanks for the comment and the follow! I've been following you for a while now. Gotta go pay you a visit!

    Glad you like my choices! Happy Friday! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cary, yay, Rebecca and Aimee:

    Thank you so much for commenting and following!! I'm so happy you liked my choices!! I had a hard time picking aurhots -- there were so many equally great ones I left out!

    I'll be visiting each and every one of your blogs!!

    Have a GREAT weekend!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ay, yay, yay....TYPO ALERT! "authors" is what I meant to write! Just got home from work... : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. Thanks for the nice words about my blog! I'm flattered (I almost wrote 'gladdered' - guess that would work too).
    I completely agree with Stephenie and JK. I'd love to meet them.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower! I like that you answered with both living and dead authors. I stuck with the dead kind, and I figured I might be the only one. Hardy, Bronte, and Dickens could make my list on any given Friday! And Bradbury...I love the way you think. Dawn @ Read Love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, Dawn! Thanks for the compliments and the follow!! I wonder how many bloggers also picked dead authors. I've got to visit more blogs and see...

    I'm heading on over to yours first! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for visiting, Maria! Did you find many other folks picking dead authors? I'll have to look at a few more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're very welcome! I haven't found any other answers where dead authors were picked, so I gotta do more blog hopping! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. JK Rowling is awesome. Would love to meet her!!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Kristin! Yeah, JK is in a LOT of answers to this question! I LOVE the Harry Potter series!!! Heck, I wish I could LIVE at Hogwarts!!!!

    Thanks for commenting!! Going over to your blog to check out your post! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)